Farmington Cricket Club of the Detroit Cricket League, one of America’s largest “T-Ball” Leagues (ie, leagues playing cricket with a “hard tennis ball”), has announced a youth tournament to be held on Saturday, 24 August, in Drake Sports Park, West Bloomfield. Players interested in participating should register individually on the FCC web site. FCC anticipates that four teams will participate in the tournament at each age level. Some of the players who represented Mich-CA in the Junior Olympics U-15 tournament plan to play. This tournament is not affiliated with the Michigan Cricket Academy or the Michigan Cricket Association USA, but MCA is happy to provide information about it from FCC’s own email:
“A reminder about the two cricket tournaments for kids in Drake Sports Park (DSP) in West Bloomfield township on Saturday, August 24th from 2:00 PM to 10:00 PM.
1) Under-13 for age groups 10-13 years
2) Under-16 for age groups 14-16 years
1) All games are on Saturday, August 24th, from 2:00PM to 10:00PM in Drake Sports Park.
2) 4-Team Tennis Ball Tournaments.
3) U-13 will be 12 – Over games.
4) U-16 will be 15 – Over games.
5) Registration is mandatory to participate.
6) Each U-16 & U-13 player must have Guardian, who must be a member of FCC. Guardian is responsible for the U-16 player’s well being.
7) Each team will have to have a Coach who needs to make the kids understand the game and set up a couple of practice matches to get them familiar with the game.
Please visit the website www.farmingtoncricketclub.com for more details and click on ‘Be a Member’ to register.
Some useful Links:
Drake Sports Park (DSP) Address: 6801 Drake Road, West Bloomfield Township, Michigan 48322”
For more information, contact tournament director Kamalakara Ambati.